The Blogger Recognition Award
I got nominated for the blogger recognition award by the lovely Aria at ariastuckinwonderland.wordpress.com *ARGH PLL FEELS RIGHT THERE* Thank you so much for nominating me, I appreciate it so much 🙂
This is my second nomination in the space of like two weeks so I am really honoured and appreciative because as much as I love blogging, it is nice to know there are people who love my blog just as much as I do.
When nominated, there should be a couple of things you need to tell us about you and your blog.
TELL THE WORLD WHY YOU STARTED BLOGGING!
I started blogging after attending YALC in July and meeting a few bloggers, as well as participating in a few beginner’s blogging workshops. Blogging has been something I have always wanted to do but attending YALC just gave me the motivation I needed to do so, also I was already writing reviews for The Guardian Childrens’ book site so starting a blog meant I had a lot more space for my reviews.
GIVE ADVICE/TIPS TO NEW BLOGGERS
- Have a passion for reading and writing– If you don’t have a passion for reading just turn away now, there really is no point in making a book blog. I have heard of some people creating blogs just because they think it might look good on a college application, please don’t do this as you are more likely to be inconsistent with posting due to you feeling as though you are forcing yourself to post.
- Appearance Matters- Personally, I think you should always take pride in the appearance of your blog… Pick a nice theme, have your posts organised and choose a nice header because no one likes a plain white blog. It just makes it seem like you don’t really care that much about your blog.
- Make Friends With Your Fellow Bloggers- Book bloggers are some of the nicest people I have ever met, so don’t shy away from making new friends. One of the easiest ways to befriend your fellow bloggers is by commenting on posts, just send them a lovely little message of how much you loved/enjoyed their post, I try and do this as often as I can because I think it is really important to inspire other bloggers.
SHARE THIS PICTURE:
Let your nominees know that you think they’re awesome. Well Obviously,
- BooksAndBakes- booksandbakes1.wordpress.com
- The Lit Mermaid- https://thelitmermaid.wordpress.com/
- The Girl Who Reads- https://thesparklyreader.wordpress.com/